Monday, June 20, 2011

Bauhinia rufescens


Updated Tuesday 21st June:
Barry helped me out again! This is Bauhinia rufescens. The flowers seem to be white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the colour quality of the second picture. I edited it too much. The colours should be something between the first and second image!

This is a small tree (big bush) that I collected seed pods from. The leaves look like small bauhinia leaves. Very small indeed, only 1,5 - 2 cm each half. I saw no flowers at the time, so no idea of them. Unfortunately I missed to take a picture of the whole tree. More or less it was impossible because these grew as a very untidy, never cut dense  "hedge" by the road. They were 4-5 meters high.


Barry gets seeds from this one. Noname - his favourite!

2 comments: